The Networking Software specialization provides a unique opportunity to software engineers in the area of networking and distributed systems. Through a combination of basic-concept courses and hands-on experience, students learn the fundamentals as well as the design, development, and implementation of networking and the impact of networking on distributed systems.
The specialization focuses on network architecture, transport and application layer protocols, network programming and analysis, and includes advanced topics in network security, multimedia networking, networking for mobile computing, network management agents, distributed operating systems, and the impact of networking on distributed systems.
Required Specialization Core (6 units, take both of the following classes)
Specialization Choice (3 units, take one of the following classes)
- CMPE 273 Enterprise Distributed Systems
- CMPE 275 Enterprise Application Development
- CMPE 281 Cloud Technologies
- CMPE 283 Virtualization Technologies
- CMPE 285 Software Engineering Processes
- CMPE 287 Software Quality Assurance and Testing
- CMPE 255 Data Mining
- CMPE 256 Large Scale Analytics
Note: The following classes taken during the Spring 2014 or Fall 2014 semsters can be used as a specialization core or specialization choice class.