The Cloud Computing and Virtualization specialization prepares students to understand the emerging technologies of Cloud Computing and Virtualization, their principles, modeling, analysis, design, deployment, and industry-oriented applications. Major solution architectures and enabling technologies are covered.
Students are prepared for technical careers in developing applications and providing services that run on a distributed network using virtualized resources and enables customers to access computing resources as needed.
Required Specialization Core (6 units, take both of the following classes)
Specialization Choice (3 units, take one of the following classes)
- CMPE 273 Enterprise Distributed Systems
- CMPE 275 Enterprise Software Components
- CMPE 285 Software Engineering Processes
- CMPE 287 Software Quality Assurance and Testing
- CMPE 206 Computer Network Design
- CMPE 207 Network Programming and Applications
Note: The following class taken during the Spring 2014 or Fall 2014 semsters can be used as a specialization core or specialization choice class.
- CMPE 282 Cloud Services